AARP Tax Aide
Who can make an appointment?
AARP Foundation Tax-Aide is a free tax counseling and preparation service, helping low and middle-income taxpayers, with special attention to those ages 60 and older.
- Appointments can be made at the circulation desk.
- The tax appointment slots will be on Thursdays from February 2 through April 13.
- Call or stop in to make an appointment. You must come in to obtain an intake packet. The packet must be completed and submitted to your tax preparer at your scheduled appointment.
- Appointments will be limited to residents of the Bay Shore School District for the first 2 weeks of registration. Out of district residents can make appointments beginning Thursday, January 12
What to bring to your appointment:
- Please bring your current tax records and copies of last year’s federal and state tax returns.
- If filing jointly, both must be present and all must bring in a photo ID and a Social Security Card.
- AARP Tax-Aide volunteers cannot prepare returns that include rental property, military income, alternative minimum tax, or those with many stock transactions. Please note that some tax information, especially from brokerage firms, may not be sent to you until the end of February.